Government agencies have their winter weather response plan ready to keep our highways and major thoroughfares clear of snow and ice. It’s our responsibility as residents and business owners to have a plan that will keep our property safe as well.
These days business will not wait for old man Winter to relent. Make sure your staff and clients can arrive safely by plowing your lots and clearing your sidewalks. The same goes for homeowners, give your family and guests a safe path for arrival and departure.
If you want to do it yourself – okay! Please keep in mind that the American Heart Association warns “that some people may be at increased risk of a heart attack during snow shoveling.” For example, people with existing heart conditions like heart failure, high blood pressure or cholesterol, the increased workload on the heart from activities such as shoveling of heavy snow, can put them at higher risk for heart attack. So be safe and check with your doctor before proceeding.
Some tips for heart-safe shoveling:
- Take frequent breaks to avoid over stressing your heart. Pay attention to how your body feels during those breaks.
- Don’t eat a big meal before or soon after shoveling. Eating a large meal can put an extra load on your heart.
- Use a small shovel or a snow thrower. Lifting heavy snow can raise blood pressure. It is safer to lift smaller amounts. When possible, simply push the snow.
- Learn the heart attack warning signs and listen to your body. Even if you’re not sure it’s a heart attack, have it checked out. Carry your cell phone and call 911 immediately if you experience any signs of a heart attack.
- Do not drink alcohol before or immediately after shoveling. Alcohol can increase a person’s sensation of warmth and may cause you to underestimate the extra strain your body is under in the cold.
- Consult a doctor ahead of time. Before you start shoveling, talk with your doctor if you have a medical condition, do not exercise on a regular basis or are middle-aged or older.
For those who want professional help – consider Country Club Landscaping. Our snow removal plans will eliminate the worry and keep you safe all winter long.
We offer residential and commercial snow removal services, including:
- Snow Plowing
- Parking Lot Deicing Services
- Sidewalk Clearing + Deicing
- Deicers are designed to be safer for concrete and more Environmentally Friendly.
For nearly every type of space, including:
- Office Buildings
- Retail Stores
- Apartment Complexes
- Condominium Complexes
- Shopping Centers
- Residential Homes
- Residential Neighborhoods
If you need a snow removal plan for your property – contact us today for a free estimate at 937.433.5915.
Country Club Landscaping